Skip Navigation Links > Freedom of Information > How to Complain

How to Complain

You have the right to complain about the decision not to disclose all, or part of, the information requested. Your complaint will be referred to a senior, independent official who will conduct an internal review of the original decision.

If you wish us to review a decision please set out your grounds for review in writing and send them to the Head of Information Management, Information Management Department, Devon & Cornwall Constabulary, Middlemoor, Exeter, EX2 7HQ, Devon.

You will be advised of the outcome of your complaint within 20 working days. If the decision is taken to disclose information originally withheld, this will be done as soon as possible.

If you are still dissatisfied after an internal review you then have the right to appeal to the Information Commissioner at Commissioner’s Officer, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, telephone 01625 545700.

The following websites have more useful information:

Back to Top